On May 19, Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg and Shopify CEO Tobias Lutke announced Facebook Shops, allowing businesses to sell directly to customers through social media. Didn’t have time to watch the announcement?
Don’t worry, the 20North Marketing team took notes for you.
Why Facebook Shops?
Small business are struggling to drive demand during the COVID-19 crisis. Many people are turning to Facebook to look for updates on their favorite small businesses during these uncertain times. Last week’s announcement of Facebook Shops introduced some major benefits to the already robust Facebook and Instagram channels:
- Decrease abandonment rate by up to 60%. Facebook and Instagram save users credit card and shipping information allowing them to buy with one click.
- Reach more customers: Get a jump on your competitors in using this brand new channel.
- Use technology to reach customers:
- Augmented Reality technology allows customers to virtually try on products like cosmetics and apparel.
- Artificial Intelligence technology allows Facebook to show users the products that are most relevant to them.
- Create a consistent experience across all Facebook apps (Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, and WhatsApp).
- Create a loyalty program across all four channels to keep customers coming back.
- Allow users to easily track shipping progress.
There are 4 main steps to setting up your shop in Facebook Commerce Manager:
- Create collections of up to 30 products each either manually or with bulk upload (.csv and .xml). You will need to have product titles, images, descriptions, pricing and other information. Use of Google product categories and Facebook microdata tags is optional.
- Customize your shop with layouts and styles that reflect your brand
- Set up Checkout on Facebook and Instagram so customers can safely pay in one click with the payment methods they have saved to their profiles
- Publish – Facebook will review and approve your submissions
Contact us to help you:
- Set up, organize, and customize your Facebook shop.
- Optimize your brand’s presence on social media.
- Develop and execute a social media advertising strategy.