Interested in how we can transform your business? Contact us
There are many aspects of Google Ads that are important to consider when creating a campaign. To run a successful Google Ads campaign, incorporate these 9 tips below.
- Define the goal of your campaign. It’s important to have a clear goal to achieve your objectives for the campaign, so you know how to write the ad.
- When writing the ad, keep the target audience in mind. You want to make sure your ads are written to reach the correct audience groups for maximum exposure.
- Use accurate information in ads. Ensure that they are not misleading as this could disrupt the purchase process if a customer is led to the wrong landing page.
- Make sure you target your ads— it’s important to utilize all three keyword match types. Use exact match, phrase match, and broad match in your targeting strategy to help you reach your intended audience more effectively.
- Ensure that mobile users are also accounted for in your Google Ads. It is possible to run mobile-preferred ads and it is vital that you optimize landing pages for mobile use too. If a webpage is not optimized for mobile use, you can often lose a sale because the page is not user-friendly enough.
- Utilize conversion tracking. Conversion tracking allows you to track things like purchases, sign ups, and other actions that customers complete on a site. It also allows you to see how effectively your ad clicks lead to valuable customer activity. You can determine which keywords bring in the most traffic and revenue, and much more. It will influence how future ads are written and the investment amount for certain ads based on historical success.
- Test bid strategies to find the most suitable for your needs. There are 10 types of biding strategies including maximize clicks, target CPA (cost per acquisition), enhanced cost per click (ECPC), target ROAS (return on ad spend), maximize conversions, manual CPC Bidding, tCPM bidding (cost per thousand impressions), vCPM bidding (cost per viewable thousand impressions), CPV bidding (cost per view), and target impression share bidding. Take time to learn how you can benefit from each and determine which ones work best for you through testing overtime.
- Adjust your campaigns periodically. It is valuable to monitor and adjust your campaigns according to the data you collect, and the conclusions made from the analysis of this data. This will help you determine which keywords are ineffective and should be eliminated. You can also utilize search term reports to identify key issues that are inhibiting your campaign.
- Employ Google’s remarketing feature to target those who have visited your site before. Remarketing re-engages audiences that are likely to convert. The more an audience is exposed to an ad, the more likely they are to become a conversion.
Google Ads can be a very useful tool to attract customers, increase conversions, and boost revenues. Follow these tips to get the most out of your Google Ads campaign.
By Emily Olson